Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas at our home.

Happy New Year and 2012!!!

I know that Christmas was a week ago but with working and getting things put back to "normal" I haven't had much time to get much else done.  But today I do have some pictures of our Christmas holiday.  What a great time we had!   

Abbey, my daugher acted as Santa Claus handing out the gifts for our family.  After opening gifts we had a breakfast egg casserole and homemade Kolaches for breakfast that a neighbor had delivered the day before.  They were yummy!!

Here are a few candid shots of the kids opening gifts.
 John and Jeff are above and my son-in-law, Bart is on the left.  We bought the little one that Abbey and Bart are expecting in July a Nebraska Husker "onesie"

Below is my husband John and my daughter Abbey.  Even Bart and Abbey's dog, Paxton got some gifts - squeeky toys and bones.

In the afternoon - we had 15 people over for food and more fun!  We had prime rib and all of the fixings to go with it.  It was so good and when we got done - no one was hungry!  For dessert we had carrot cake and chocolate cheesecake.  One of my neice's twins sure thought the cheesecake was good!!                             

Yummy!

After everyone ate we had a few games.  Every year it has become tradition to have a Left, Right game and we also had a Christmas trivia game this year.  Abbey won the trivia game and we all had fun with the gifts we won from the left, right game.  After the games were done, we then Skyped our relatives in California!  It is so amazing that we can see our relatives and talk with them especially on special days like Christmas.  For those who have never used Skype - it is wonderful if you have loved ones that live far away.  We got skype so when the new little one arrives, I will be able to see her/him whenever we can!

After that, we opened gifts.  Abbey and Bart bought my dad a new throw for when we get those cold Nebraska snowy days.


When everyone was gone in the evening, the kids all just hung out upstairs
Tommorrow I will share some of the decorations I had around the house.  I really like decorating for Christmas and get sad when I have to pack them away for another year.  Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow!

Gail S.



No comments: