Friday, March 13, 2015

WWYS Challenge

Hello!  It has been over a YEAR since I have posted anything on my blog. Life has just gotten away and time just doesn't always seem to be available to be able to post.  I have been crafting and making cards but never enough time to share.  I will TRY to post a little more often but no promises.

I do want to share a card that I have entered in a NEW challenge on a new blog called: What Will You Stamp? The challenge was to use the new SU! stamp set Best Day Ever that is FREE during Sell A Bration. I saw a card that Inkin' Idaho posted on her blog and presented at Leadership Conference for SU! that was so cute I knew I wanted make a card similar. I used her layout for my card and the same colors but different stamp set(s) and DSP.

 WWYS Challenge
I used Hello Honey for my cs base and the Black & White dsp is from the Stacked with Love dsp paper stack. The White and Yellow strip I made using White cs and Hello Honey ink and Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  The flower from the stamp set Crazy About You is stamped twice, once in Hello Honey and once in Crushed Curry and I fussy cut it out and added a dimensional. The button is from the Sweet Dreams buttons.  The Best Day ever is stamped in Lost Lagoon on white cs and is placed on top of a piece of Lost Lagoon cs.

 WWYS challenge

I always like to finish the inside of my cards as well so I added a small scrap of the leftover dsp to the top of the white cs and continued the flower from the stamp set Crazy About You as well as a Happy Birthday greeting inside.

It feels good to sit down and post a card after 13 months being away!  I hope to be back soon and I hope you like my card!  Thanks for stopping by!

Gail

7 comments:

Card Bomb said...

I am so glad you posted this! First, I had a good laugh at your blog title-Love it! Congrats on being back in the world of blogging after so long away-We are honored to have your first post back be part of our challenge over at WWYS. And, your card is amazing! It's clean and crisp and I love your layout and colors. Kudos for a beautiful inside as well! I hope you keep blogging and sharing!
-Maria

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Welcome back! I totally understand about life getting away. Darling card.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love your color choices Gail. This card just Pop's! I love everything about it. Great job and we're so happy you played along with is at WWYS. See you next week!

Susan said...

Hi Gail...so happy you played along on the WWYS Challenge this week. I never would have thought to put those colors together, but they are perfect. Love everything about this card!!! Hope you continue to play along with us.

Unknown said...

Great card Gail! I love the color combo you used! I hope you will play along with us some more at WWYS!

Amanda Sevall said...

Glad to see you blogging again... welcome back!! So glad to see your first post is for our challenge blog! I'm so honored! What a beautiful card!! Love the color combo. :) Thanks for playing along... hope you can join us again this next week! :)

Pam Speidel said...

Hello Gail! So happy to see you're blogging again and I absolutely adore the beauty you created for the WWYS Challenge! You Go Girl! :) Is it still Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration? I should place an order! Happy Creating and Happy EASTER too! ♥