Friday, May 13, 2011

A CARD FOR PATTY!

Patty Bennett is my upline from Stampin' Up!  She is the one who encourages me, inspire's me and just is a wonderful friend I met online :)  She has a great blog (click on her name above and that will take you right to it)

I wanted to send Patty a card because she is always sending me special cards (especially using the My Digital Studio program that SU! has for computers.  I went upstairs to my craft room after feeding "my boys" and made this card using a few of the new stamps just recently available.


The sentiment is from the new Happy Greetings stamp set and the butterfly is from the new Strength and Hope set.  For every Strength and Hope set sold, $2.00 will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  Way to go Stampin' Up!

If you look closely, you can see a touch of dazzling diamonds I applied to the wings of the butterfly:






I decided to sew around parts of the cardstock and I embossed the real read cardstock to add a little texture.  I love the SU! antique brads!  I attached one of them to the ribbon.  You get a whole assortment of different sizes and designs in a container.

Even though today is Friday the 13th - I hope you are having a good week - Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely an unlucky day! Blogger was down for almost 24 hrs...I was starting to get the shakes! LOL Anyway, I love your card, background paper & butterfly! The glitter really makes the butterfly beautiful!

Patty Bennett said...

And I absolutely TREASURE my card.. it is still here next to me on my desk.. I'm going to blog it on my blog after the cruise.. THANK YOU Gail!
Patty