Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Masculine Card!














I seem to have a hard time coming up with cards for men.  This new set from Stampin Up! is called Plane and Simple - perfect for those masculine occasion cards! 

I have to admit, I did not come up with this card.  I cased it exactly from Sandy Hancock at Udderly Awesome.  I tried to distress the plane image up and ran the crumb cake paper through an embossing folder to give it texture.  The red I used is another "new color" called Poppy Parade.  It has some orange tones to it.

Today was a beautiful day in Nebraska!  I went for a walk during my lunch hour and just enjoyed the time outside.  Tomorrow we are supposed to get some colder weather coming in with a slight chance of the "S" word.  Hope not - it always seems to get bad during the weekend.  Oh well, I have to work Saturday morning so I guess I don't have much going on.

Hope you had a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.  I am still trying to learn all of the different things you can do on this blog and so far, this is fun.  Why did I wait so long ?

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Hello! i didn't know you had a blog! learned it on Pam's Ü

Thank you so much for the card you sent. DH usually sorts my mail out and I look at it when I get home. I didn't see this until I went thru the pile today putting it away.