Thursday, March 31, 2011

Because I Care



I have been needing alot of sympathy, praying for you, and thinking of you cards lately.  My "go to" stamp set at the moment is the Stampin Up! Because I Care set.  This is a Level 1 hostess set and it is truly a beautiful set!


I love hydrangea plants and we just cannot grow them here in Central Nebraska.  I have a brother-in-law that lives in Omaha and he has beautiful hydrangeas in his yard and I remember my Grandparents neighborhood on Whidbey Island, Washington had wonderful, purple and pink hydrangeas growing.  The only way I can enjoy them here is on a stamp!! 

I liked the clean and simple look of this card just using white and browns - kind of the monochromatic look!  Once again I used the Stampin Up! NEW Decorative Label punch.  I left the inside blank except for a tiny flower (which is included in this set) in the corner so I have lots of space to let the recipient know that I am truly praying for them. 

The next card I used the same colors but I liked the idea of just using just a portion of the stamped image.



I stamped the image on whisper white and used the SU!
1 3/8"  square punch.  I embossed the kraft paper with the finial press embossing folder.  I have used this folder quite and bit.  I love all of SU! folders.

Both cards are simple but I think make a statement. 

Our snow is finally starting to melt this afternoon.  This morning it was, once again, really snowing.  Makes calving season difficult!  At work today, everyone that came in the bank said they just wanted to see the sunshine someday.  Maybe we will get a peek of it Thursday!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Carol said...

This stamp is a favorite of mine as well... You have done a wonderful job - both versions are beautiful! Will try sending some of our No California sunshine and warm weather your way!