Monday, April 11, 2011

Busy, Busy Week!

OOPS - this was supposed to post on Monday but I must have pushed a wrong button!  I am still learning :)

I am soooo sorry I haven't posted for awhile but we have been so busy here!  The weather is warmer up and I want to get out in the yard and get my hands dirty also!!  I love to work in my yard when the flowers start coming up after winter and my lawn really needs mowed!  It is amazing after a long winter, just a few warm days makes everything outside "pop" - even the weeds!  But I have managed to make a few very simple cards:



This first card is a simple Thank you using just scraps you might have on hand.  I sewed a zig zag stitch around the scrap of old olive and used my new SU! punch on a small piece of green DSP, stamped a thank you and cut it out using the window punch, added a few brads and was done!

The next card is a simple wedding card I put together so I could have one on hand if I needed one in a hurry.  It is simple, white and black.  I didn't do alot but it really turned out simple but elegant.


Last is just a friendly, thinking of you card.  I made it colorful for springtime!  Again, most used were just scraps from my stash (do you have those?)  I like to keep little pieces of paper and ribbon on hand - you never know when they come in handy!

The actual card is alot brighter than the picture show but you get the idea!  I used one of SU! embossing folders on the lighter green paper to give it some texture.

I did have some time to make 2 other cards and I am dropping both of them in the mail today to some blog friends.  I will post those on Tuesday so stop back and see what else I created. 

The baby calves are doing great!  When I go outside with their bottles, I holler for them and they come running to the fence for their food!  They are so stinking cute and getting bigger.  I think I have decided to name them "ornery" - the aggressive one and "Lily" the laid back, patient one.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Gail, Love your cards! I really like the lace punch on your black & white card! I enjoyed reading about the calves. When we lived on the ranch, this was my favorite time of year!