Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Challenge Card!

Well Peeps, yesterday in Nebraska was bee-u-tee-full but today it is windy and chilly. I have been able to get into my craft room and make some more cards (happy dance) and today I have one to share the I am linking up to another challenge. Techno stamper blog found HERE has a Monday Lunchtime sketch challenge #298. This is the challenge sketch:


And this is what I came up for this challenge:

I had the cardstock Baja Breeze out from another card that I made so I started with that. I also still have some retired DSP paper that I love and it fit perfect for this card. When you purchase SU! DSP packs....they last forever! You can make so many projects just from one package.

I have a small tip for you also! When card making, don't throw away scraps.  The white cardstock behind the solid Baja breeze cardstock is a scrap!

This is what I used! I had used this paper for two other projects.

I added a small pearl to the center of the flower and popped it up on dimensionals.


I hope this inspires you to try this sketch out and make a card today! 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Gail S.

3 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Great card! I miss that color and wish it had not retired. Thanks for playing with us this week at TSSC!

Robbie

MJ said...

So pretty, love the layered flower. And I love the monochromatic look. Baja is a favorite of mine! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Shelley said...

Beautifully layered card, Gail. Love the monochromatic, too! I know what you mean about those scraps. I keep them on my table at all times. I always go there first!