Monday, October 14, 2013

Stamping Peaches Paper Challenge

Today I have the day off due to Columbus Day and get to do a little crafting. It was rainy outside so a perfect day to spend it in the craft room! I decided to enter the Stamping Peaches Paper Challenge. It is a new challenge blog. This weeks challenge sketch was:

 
A pretty simple sketch but it took me some time to think about it! I started out using the DSP paper called Gingham Garden from SU! but decided the card was too busy to use so I just decided to use the color scheme that is used in this DSP paper: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy and Whisper White. This is the card I came up with for the challenge.
 
 
 
 
I like the simple, clean lines of this card. So many times I make cards with a lot of layers and "bling" and sometimes it is nice to just have a real clean card. I used the SU! in color adornments for the centers of my flowers. The colors match perfectly!
 
 

 


I paper pierced around the coordinating cardstock to give it a little more texture. I also popped up the flowers to give it some more dimension.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and try this challenge yourself. There is still time....the deadline is Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
 
Stamps: A Round Array, A Dozen Thoughts
Ink: Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz
Punches: 7/8 & 1 1/4 Scallop Circles
Other: In color Dahlias, dimensionals
 
Thanks for stopping by! I have been busy making lots of cards so will be having quite a few posts in the days ahead.
 
Gail S.
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail love the use of the colors and the layers of the flowers. Thanks so much for participating!

Stamped Greetings said...

The colors you chose on this card just pop. It looks clean yet a lot of details. Great Job!