Monday, February 18, 2013

My Spring/Easter Square

I told you awhile back that I would show you what I ended up making for the Spring/Easter Square Swap that I am participating in and today I have the photos. Before I show you which square I decided on, I will show you the "rejects"!  I really struggeled with this swap. I worked and worked to come up with something and every one was just a flop! This was the first one I made:


Of course, I would have added a pearl or rhinestone to the center of this flower but I thought it was just too plain. Then I came up with this:



I made this layered butterfly and added some tiny pearls but still didn't care for it.  Then I grabbed a new stamp set that I just got called spring sampler. It is FULL of small spring stamps. I chose the bumble bee and came up with this:


I have no idea why it posted upside down but you get the idea! I used velum for the wings and cut the image out and put a dimentional under it but I did not think it looked "springy" enough. So....I finally came up with this square and made 16 of them!


I thought this was bright and ready for spring. I did end up distressing the larger daffodil delight punched flower and made the rhinestone bigger but other than that - this is the winner!

I will be sure to post all of the squares when I receive them so stay tuned!

Gail S.

No comments: