Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello! It's Me!

Hello Bloggers!  I know I have been away for awhile but I have been busy and I have had a few moments to craft...just haven't had time to post!

BIG weekend here this past week!  Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday was the Central Nebraska Junk Jaunt!!  Our little town of Sargent was PACKED with out of towners looking for that special "bargain". 










We had vendors all around town and it was so much fun seeing all of the food, traffic, people, bargains, food, unique items for sale, trailers full of treasures, pets, did I mention food? Haha! 


The photo above is just one of the many places to shop for bargains in Sargent. This was at the community building. Notice the the boxes below the tables are FULL of treasures also. The Methodist Church ladies were serving the meal there and boy it was delicious! Dessert was homemade pie!

It was a real fun time and our weather was Fan-Tas-Tic!!  Wonderful chilly mornings and by afternoon it was in the 80's.  Also, the wind always blows in Nebraska but not this time! Yeah!! We had a new business open in town this past weekend "Deer Canyon Coffee" and it was fun trying out the different kinds of coffee. Below is owner Dick having fun at Junk Jaunt.

 

I had to work Thursday and Friday but on Saturday, my Sister and I got to "jaunt for junk".

We got up bright and early and headed north to the small town of Taylor first. There I saw this bargain.

 
 
 
If only I had a horse! After Taylor, we headed west to the little town of Merna. Before we got there we encountered this:
 
 
 
Neighbors moving cattle!  We waited for them to pass and continued on our journey.
 
Now Merna has a cute shop called The Secret Garden. This little shop is full of cute items to fill your home and the outside garden is just beautiful. It is located right next to the owners home and you are allowed to walk all around their yard and enjoy the beauty. I really liked this wagon and wondered if my hubby could make me one!  We have a lot of the "wheels" around our farm!
 
 
 
 
This is a photo of the beautiful gazebo on the property.
 
 
DSC09124
 
 
On our drive over to Merna, the trees were so pretty.
 
 

 
 
Wouldn't this make a beautiful puzzle? After Merna, we headed to Broken Bow and shopped all through the town. I didn't buy any big purchases but had fun looking!
 
 
Next year, plan on visiting Junk Jaunt! It is a whole lot of fun and lots of wonderful Junk!

No comments: