Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hello!

It has been real busy on the Slagle Farm!  Baby calves are running everywhere and things are really getting green.  Spring is coming early to Nebraska. I even have seen the tractors out in the fields.

This past weekend, a friend of my daughter's hosted a baby shower for her at my house and she did such a wonderful job!  She had so many cute ideas!  Just look at this ~



On top of the bar, she had sugar scrub and cookies in a jar mixes for the ladies that attended and the little onesies lined up on the front, she gave as a gift to Abbey! 

The food she selected was delicious!!  We had bar-b-que meatballs, chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, stuffed cheesecake strawberries, assorted cheese, assorted veggies w/dips, decorated cupcakes and mints.  Everything was wonderful and a lot of her ideas she got off of Pinterest! I forgot to take a picture of the table but it was decorated so pretty in pink, fushia and silver.  Hanging from the ceiling she had tissue paper flowers. 

Another idea which I got off of the computer were these cute little paper shoes that I made.

This is what they looked like at the shower ~ I filled them with pink M & M's and Kisses.


The ladies (and the babies that came) got to take a shoe home with them.

Abbey got so many wonderful gifts for the baby.  She is very lucky (so is the baby!)
 
 It was such a great afternoon.  We played some games and everyone filled out a couple of words with advice for a scrapbook.

I was happy to have Abbey home until Tuesday when she had to head back home to Colorado.  She got to stay here four days and while she was home, we had a wonderful visit. And while she was home she made dinner every night!!  I wish I had a personal chef that would make dinner every night (hehe)

I have not been in the crafting mood and have not made a single card in the past couple of weeks but I hope to get in there sometime soon.  I the meantime, I do have a few posts on other things that have been going on that I will post in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gail S. 

No comments: