Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Springtime in Nebraska!

It is finally warming up in Nebraska and my yard is "waking" up after winter and the cold we have had.  I worked this weekend mowing, trimming and weeding (a never ending chore!).  I took some pictures Saturday evening, after I was done for the day, around my yard. 
The first daylily of the season!!







Do you like my little Gnome peeking through the flowers?

I love these pink flowers that bloom in the spring - they don't last long enough.





This is one of my peony bushes.  Peonies usually bloom here in Central Nebraska around Memorial Day and these haven't even opened. This tells you how far behind we are this year!  This next picture is a view of the front yard:










The next few photos just show some fun "yard art" I have picked up here and there:



Lastly, just some views of the front and back yards.
Thank you for stopping by my little part of Nebraska!  When not working or crafting, I love to be outside in my yard, getting my hands dirty.  Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Gail S.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Gail! You have a beautiful home & yard! It's like a Park! I LOVE your Yard Art & all the flowers & trees. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to swing by sometime & see it IRL!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your yard. LOVELY! My daylillies haven't bloomed yet.

Anonymous said...

Your home and yard are beautiful. I love all of the yard art. I have a suggestion for a project this year - make a bottle tree. Look it up on the internet. I have been saving bottles this winter now to figure out how to put it together. I love daylilies and have lots of them here in tennessee.

PS I really like your Dad's Birthday card. Tell him I said "Thank You" for serving his country and his family all these years. We are lucky to be the children of "The Greatest Generation."

Dottie Foulk, Fall Branch, Tennessee