Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm in the mood for Christmas!


This weekend I played with some DSP Christmas paper and made some Christmas cards.  I saw this joy fold card on a blog and thought it was so pretty.  It is a very easy card to make and instructions and measurements can be found here.  Here is my version.



See the large brad in the bottom left corner?  That holds the smaller card in place.  Slip the corner of the card off of the brad and
this is how it opens to reveal the sentiment.


I used last years SU! DSP paper and the stamp set Bells and Boughs which is still available. This stamp set looks very vintage to me and works perfect with this paper.  The ink used is Always Artichoke.  It looks in the pictures as a lighter green but it is dark green in real life.  I had some pretty ruby red sparkles to add to the holly on the stamped image and I think it just adds to the holly DSP that is just behind the image. 

Let me know if you make a joy fold card and how yours turns out!

Gail S.

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

That is so cool! I may have to try one of those.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

That is so cool! I may have to try one of those.