Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Monday!

It is a happy Monday because I got to spend an afternoon this weekend in my craft room!!!  I had fun just creating and unwinding.  I made this card I am happy to say that it is ALL Stampin UP! Colors of cardstock that I used are soft suede, pink pirouette,very vanilla and the DSP Beau Chateau.  I used the Beautiful Butterfly die for the Big Shot, the Beau Chateau Sidenotes and an antique brad.  For punches, I used the Eyelet and the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon border punches.

I really like the side notes!  I bought them quite awhile ago and never opened up the package!  There are quite a few in the package and all different.  This one says "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget"


I added the brad because behind it, on the side note, is a picture of a bee.  With the butterfly above, I didn't want the bee to show so I added a circle of pink and the brad but if you carefully, you can see his wings still showing.  After I took the pictures of my card, I noticed it and wanted to fix that so I added just a little accent from the Modern Label punch.

See....no more wings showing!  Now, this is what the front looks like:


Much better :)  For the inside of the card, I had to finish it so I used some scraps and this is what I ended up with.  I used the Photo Corner punch which is currently on clearance rake at SU! Let me know if you need any product and I can put an order in for you!

I hope you have a wonderful week.  If I don't get anything posted before Thursday - wishing you all a great, thankful Thanksgiving. 

Gail S.

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Gail this is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love your card Gail! So glad you were able to spend some time in your craft room! It's great soul-therapy isn't it? :) Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Monica Gale said...

Thank you Gail for your sweet comment and you are right, everybody likes butterflies and I love your latest one as well. Hugs xxx