Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Treats!

I was busy this weekend making Halloween Treats to give out on Monday!

We live in the country (9 miles from the nearest town) and don't have very many trick-or-treaters come to our house so I make treats to deliver to co-workers, people that I know around town and my two little twin neices.  One of my neices is going to be a cat this year and the other a spider!  They are in the first grade this year and growing up way too fast.  For them I made some extra special treats :)

Aren't these guys scary looking? They are actually glasses that I filled with some goodies.  They can drink their spooky potions in them.  I think I picked these up from Walmart.  I also got the girls some scratch and color Halloween pictures and some tablets that you drop in warm water and they dissolve and expand into spooky Halloween objects.  They will love them.

For the people and work, sister, friends etc.  I used alot of retired SU! items and some old papers I have been hoarding and decided to use.


I used some SU! glassine sacks and filled them with candy and decorated the tops!  I made 25 of them while watching TV.  Below is one of the bags close-up.



I used SU! Top Note die, scallop punch, and the stamp set Batty for you.

I have been having a blast watching all of the scary movies that they have been showing on TV for the month of October. I don't like the bloody, gory movies (Freddie Kruger etc) but I like the ones that make you jump or listen for something outside that makes your skin crawl.  With hubby outside picking corn all day and half the night - I am alone in the house and it makes it even creepier! Love it!!  I have a DVR so I have recorded quite a few to watch later on.

I also worked on another project, while watching those scary movies, that I will share in a day or two...they are for Christmas!

Hope you are all having a good week - so far.  Thanks for stopping by.

Gail S.

1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

BOO!
Such fun ideas Gail! I had no idea you enjoyed Halloween so much! And scary movies too, oh my! Not me, I'm a big scaredy cat.