Monday, June 11, 2012

Sending Love and Sympathy



I needed to make some more sympathy cards and I got the idea for this card in the new Stampin' UP! catalog.  I used the Love and Sympathy stamp set along with soft suede, whisper white, baja breeze and certainly celery cardstock.  The card was pretty simple and I ended up making 4 of the same card so I could have some on hand.  Do you make several cards at one time or do you just make one card?  I really would like to know.

To get the "two toned" shading on the flower, I used the SU! markers and used a darker and lighter shades of blue.  I love to create an inside as well as front of the card so this is the inside of the cards that I made:



The sentiment that I used inside is from a SU! retired set.  I even stamped an image of the flower on the envelope.

Thanks for stopping in - I do have more to share in a day or two!

Gail S.

No comments: