Monday, February 27, 2012

Babies, Babies, Babies!

****WARNING - the following post may not one you might not want to see - pictures of a baby calf being born****


This is what has been happening on the farm lately!

 Babies are being born!  Our heifers (first calf cows) have started calving and we keep them close by just in case they have some trouble and needs a little help.  This is what I watched Sunday afternoon while crafting.


I personally think it is an awesome sight to be able to witness the miracle of birth.  God does wonders on this Earth and to see this joy that happens - it brings a smile to my face. 

Mommy was very protective and loving and within 20 minutes after birth, this little baby was up trying to get a drink!

I hope I didn't "gross" you out with this post!  This is just a part of life on the farm!  We ended up having three babies being born to heifers on Sunday.  The older cows will begin to calf out in a couple of weeks.

Hope your day is a good one!

Gail S.

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love baby calves! We don't calve until April.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love baby calves! We don't calve until April.