Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello From Nebraska!

I purchased this stamp oh goodness, probably 10 years ago and don't use it much but I am proud to be from Nebraska and like to show it off every once in awhile :)

I am orginally from Southern California but I have lived in Nebraska more years so "My blood runs Nebraska red".   We have been hit lately with some very HOT weather and hope it cools off soon.  Friday, my husband and I are going to the Nebraska State Fair so I am really hoping that it cools off.  I have never been to the state fair so I am looking forward to going.  When I lived in California, my mom and dad took us kids to the Orange County Fair and I remember a HUGE Porky Pig sign greeted you at the entrance.  I used to be in a dance group and we would perform there each year. 

I have a hard time coloring my images but I try my best.  Most of the time I try to choose stamps and layouts that don't really require alot of coloring.

There aren't many red barns on the farms anymore.  Most farms now have big steel buildings but there are some beautiful, old red barns still out there.

I used a real red, a scrap of red checked, kraft and whisper white cardstock.  I had a flower that I purchased a looooong time ago from HL and added a cute button to the center.
I thought my card needed just a little more "punch" so I added some red checked ribbon and a little "hello" tag attached.  I also drew some stitching around the edge of the kraft cardstock.

I think it turned out cute and will put it in my stash of go to cards when I need something quick.

Thanks for stopping by today - hope your week is going well.

Gail

***Oh I have to add that my youngest son had a Birthday on Monday!!  He is away at college so we went down and visited him on Sunday.  Happy Birthday, Jeff ***

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love it! I think you did a great job coloring. I am soooo ready for fall, esp after yesterday's horrid heat wave!