Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Birthday Card!

Here is another Birthday Card!  Again everything I used is Stampin Up! products except the "wishing you" sentiment which is a Verve stamp set and a little scrap of paper I had on hand that matched the colors I was using. 

I love the "Thoughts & Prayers" stamp set from SU!  I have used this set probably more than any set I have.  I use it for Sympathy, Birthday, Thank you, almost any occasion. 

The colors in this card are whisper white, pear pizzaz, and melon mambo.  I added just a scrap of the pear pizzaz twill (see it hiding on the right) and an antique brad (love these!!)  I also used SU! embossing folder for just an accent. You don't have to use the folders for embossing the whole card front, sometimes just a strip of the embossed paper is just enough of an accent to add eye appeal :)

I did get this layout idea from another blog.  I love to visit other blogs and get ideas for cards from others.  There are soooo many creative people out there that the ideas are endless. 

Today is a warmer day in Nebraska.  Yesterday, I think the temp. was a high  of 8 degrees and today already we are up to 45 - YEAH!  We have starting calving season so we check on the cattle every 2-3 hours - around the clock.  Our first heifer to calve this year had twins and they are doing great.  Mama can't handle both babies so we are supplementing them with bottles of milk replacer.  I will have to get out with my camera and take pictures of the babies and post those. 

Have a wonderful day today - until next time!

1 comment:

Pam Speidel said...

This is one of my favorite sets too. And I can't believe I didn't order any Pear Pizazz paper since I'm the "queen of green"! ;) Your layout if wonderful and I love the embossed edge too. Beautiful card anyone would love to receive!