Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mojo Monday 307 Challenge

Happy Thursday!

I don't know about you but I am ready for the weekend! Today though, I have to brag, it is my youngest son's BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday, Jeff! He is 22 years old (sigh) where did the time go? He lives about 1 1/2 hours away from us. He currently is away at college and today after I get off work we are headed down to visit him and take him out to dinner. We moved him into an apartment this past week and I need to take him down a few things that we forgot to take down. It will be good to see him.

Well now, on to my card post! I saw the Mojo Monday sketch on THIS post and loved the card Marisa made. I decided to try my hand at it.



It was funny, when I started out making this card I wanted to use the print on the other side of the striped DSP paper. It is from SU! Sunshine & Sprinkles pack. Well when I cut out the triangles, the whales that are printed on the other side (that I was planning on using) were all sideways! Rather than start all over, I just turned the paper over and the stripes were perfect so I changed the whole direction for this card! I started out making a baby card and ended up making a friend card!

I love the sweet little extras on this card:


I added little rhinestones to the centers of the wheels on the stamp from SU!'s Moving Forward set and also on the tiny flowers I added below & the dot on the "i" in friend.


This card is just so bright and cheery and to think when I started I had a complete different idea. That's what makes card creating fun (wink).

The Mojo Monday crew encourages you to play along. Go to the Mojo Monday Blog and create something for this week's challenge.



Thank you for stopping by today. Please stop by again, I have more to share in the days to come.

Gail S.




Recipe:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Ink: Marina Mist, Basic Black
Other: Swiss Dots EF, Tiny Rhinestones, dimensional

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

cute card! My oldest is 21 tomorrow and we also head to Kearney to take Aaron to college.